Post by Rob Lister » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 pm

I wonder if he got his refund.

Witness

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Witness » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 am

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:16 am

Jeezus, are they a child or a virtue signaling platform?

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:02 am

Giz wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:16 am
Jeezus, are they a child or a virtue signaling platform?
No kidding. These people sound like they would rather their kids grew up with mental health issues than admit there might be a biological connection to gender preferences.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:08 am

If recent politics on all sides should have taught you anything, it is that biology and gender, as well meteorology and geophysics, are nothing more than social constructs.

I will pray for you.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:18 pm

FWIW, my own daughter has never shown the slightest interest in anything "girly".

No pink stuff, frilly stuff, lacey stuff, dresses, skirts, high heels. No "girly" toys.

I don't believe that either of us actively discouraged any of that and would have happily bought those things for her if she had had shown the slightest interest. She just never wanted any of that and we didn't push it on her.

So the moral of the story is, let your kids choose for themselves.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm

My daughters will shoot yer eye out.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:24 pm

ed wins. :figamagee:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:38 pm

ed wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm
So will at least a few of my nieces. One of them also is pretty good at Karate as well. If I ever achieved my lifelong dream of becoming a Bond villain, that kid would be my chief assassin.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Is it possible to send your kids to a school that doesn't discriminate against gay people but doesn't enable toxic "transgenderism" ?

On one hand I don't want to send my kid to a school that preaches creationism.
On the other hand, public schools are enabling the "genderfluid" trend which adds groupthink and fetishism to largely what is the new Goth movement. But some kids get carried away and make life mistakes they will never undo.

Where are you supposed to send your kids now? Where is the "we don't tolerate puritanical authoritarianism or post-modernism" private schools? It's a fucking nightmare right now.

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 pm

If I were a parent, I'd check and see how things where at my local schools, rather than looking at national trends and headliners. How they handle what you describe may be a factor, but there would be others as well. In fact, it's more often on other factors that schools fail parents so badly, I think.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm

corplinx wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:18 pm
Is it possible to send your kids to a school that doesn't discriminate against gay people but doesn't enable toxic "transgenderism" ?

On one hand I don't want to send my kid to a school that preaches creationism.
On the other hand, public schools are enabling the "genderfluid" trend which adds groupthink and fetishism to largely what is the new Goth movement. But some kids get carried away and make life mistakes they will never undo.

Where are you supposed to send your kids now? Where is the "we don't tolerate puritanical authoritarianism or post-modernism" private schools? It's a fucking nightmare right now.
You know, we have laws.

Kid goes to school no one but no one should discuss anything sexual in any way with a child unless the parent agrees. Then if a child is discriminated against you fucking sue their asses. It has nothing to do with queerness or being Finnish: it has to do with discrimination.

Someone bullys them?
Menacing in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor. A person is guilty of menacing in the third degree when, by physical menace, he or she intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of death, imminent serious physical injury or physical injury.
Fuck the school, fuck hurt feelings. Go directly to the cops and show up at the door of the goddamn perpatrator.

Why has everyone turned into such snowflakes? Jesus, just take care of it. You leave me alone, I leave you alone.

Why should this crap even be discussed? Go about your business, don't look for crap to be offended about.

Shit, now I'm triggered. :x :x :x
Last edited by ed on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 pm

ed wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm
An aunt and uncle who were “anti-gun” tried very hard to keep my cousin from playing with toy guns. He ended up joining the marines.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am

corplinx wrote:

Not that it matters much to straight people I suppose, but this shit has fucked up the organized gay rights movement.

And it is not (this is a particular peeve of mine) a case of a movement going "too far".
Grooming little children for castration is not an extreme version of live and let live.

And if I say I'm morally opposed it, that makes me Himmler at least, if not full Hitler.
And certainly some kind of religious fanatic.

I also don't think (as I did for a while) that trans people "highjacked" the movement. Somebody did but not them.

Because it's not even about "rights" any more.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:52 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am
corplinx wrote:

Not that it matters much to straight people I suppose, but this shit has fucked up the organized gay rights movement.

And it is not (this is a particular peeve of mine) a case of a movement going "too far".
Grooming little children for castration is not an extreme version of live and let live.

And if I say I'm morally opposed it, that makes me Himmler at least, if not full Hitler.
And certainly some kind of religious fanatic.

I also don't think (as I did for a while) that trans people "highjacked" the movement. Somebody did but not them.

Because it's not even about "rights" any more.
I do get your point. I see a huge difference between "Don't be a shit to transgender people, at least no more of a shit than you are to everyone else" and these people who give their kids hormone treatments to change their sex. It does smack of the parents trying to show how "woke" they are, more than anything beneficial for the kid. I wouldn't let a kid get a tattoo until they were 18 and that's far less life-altering.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:03 am

Yeah, it’s a huge decision to take that kids are probably not capable of making before a certain age and parents probably shouldn’t be making for their kids.

ed

Post by ed » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:16 am

Like religion.

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 am

Well, with religion you can always choose to stop bothering your bishop. But with a sex change, you’ll be bothered by the absence of your bishop. And there’s no easy un defrocking him.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:02 am

Canada:
Free speech policy mandatory on campuses in new year

The province’s colleges and universities will be required to have a free speech policy in place in the new year.

Stephanie Rea — spokesman for Training, Colleges and Universities Minister Merrilee Fullerton — said the Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO) will assess each institution’s policy in January to advise the Minister whether it meets the minimum standard.

The Minister expects all colleges and universities will be in compliance as of Jan. 1, she said.

“The objective of the Ontario Campus Free Speech Policy is to ensure that each publicly-assisted college and university has a strong and clear free speech policy that is consistent across institutions,” Rea said in an email. “The policy will not only protect free speech but ensure that hate speech, discrimination and other illegal forms of speech are not allowed on campus.”

Conservative students have long complained that their voices are being censored on campuses.
https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/ ... n-new-year

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 am

“The policy will not only protect free speech but ensure that hate speech, discrimination and other illegal forms of speech are not allowed on campus.”

It doesn't get any more Orwellian than that.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj