Bezos FTW

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Bezos FTW

Post by Doctor X » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

How long did Our Boys wait on Iwa Jima, Anax?

:freedom:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm
WildCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:43 pm
Anaxagoras wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 pm
An easy way to suppress voters would be to reduce the number of polling places.

The farther away it is and the longer the line of people, the more people will say fuck it, it isn't worth it.

What if there was just one polling place in the whole state? Ok, ridiculous, but the principle applies. fewer polling places near where people live means fewer voters.
So you're saying the suburban and especially rural areas are suppressed?
People who live in rural areas have cars. I grew up in the country. It's a basic requirement if you don't live in a city.

https://www.thenation.com/article/there ... ights-act/

Should people have to wait in a line for 5 hours to vote? It's not just about how long it takes to get to the polling place, it's about how long the line is when you get there. Would you wait in line for 5 hours?

My family who live on the rez only got a polling place closer than an hour's drive in this last election and only then solely because of a court decision forcing the state to put polling places on the reservation.

There was also a pretty blatant case in North Dakota this year where the state made a new voter ID law that said PO Boxes did not qualify as an address, but thousands of people living on some of the HUGE reservations out there could only GET a PO box because their actual places of residence were not assigned residential addresses.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
People who live in rural areas have cars. I grew up in the country. It's a basic requirement if you don't live in a city.

Should people have to wait in a line for 5 hours to vote? It's not just about how long it takes to get to the polling place, it's about how long the line is when you get there. Would you wait in line for 5 hours?
Not everyone in rural areas have cars, sorry. That's insane that you'd even say that. Many rely on rides from others because they can't afford a car, lost their license, are physically unable to drive, etc. And I'm not buying your claim that polling places were reduced to suppress voter turnout, they probably figured they didn't need as many since there's now early voting and miscalculated. It's never been easier to vote.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 pm
There was also a pretty blatant case in North Dakota this year where the state made a new voter ID law that said PO Boxes did not qualify as an address, but thousands of people living on some of the HUGE reservations out there could only GET a PO box because their actual places of residence were not assigned residential addresses.
It seems the issue is not having an address. A PO box has no value in determining where you live, I could get a PO box in North Dakota if I wanted one. Why are there no residential addresses there?

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:37 pm

WildCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:32 pm
Nyarlathotep wrote:
It seems the issue is not having an address. A PO box has no value in determining where you live, I could get a PO box in North Dakota if I wanted one. Why are there no residential addresses there?
No idea, but I assume it's a combination of some of these places being so far out in the sticks that they were never assigned one combined with the weird sovereignty issues that reservations often have with the federal and state governments.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:38 pm

WildCat wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:

Not everyone in rural areas have cars, sorry. That's insane that you'd even say that. Many rely on rides from others because they can't afford a car, lost their license, are physically unable to drive, etc. And I'm not buying your claim that polling places were reduced to suppress voter turnout, they probably figured they didn't need as many since there's now early voting and miscalculated. It's never been easier to vote.
Sorry, but I've actually lived in a rural area, dipshit, so I know what I'm talking about. Yeah, it may be a family member who actually owns the cars, duh.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:48 pm

White Man stole them.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:38 pm
Sorry, but I've actually lived in a rural area, dipshit, so I know what I'm talking about. Yeah, it may be a family member who actually owns the cars, duh.
And no one in rural areas ever loses their driver's license, they never have a medical condition that prevents them from driving, and they can always afford a reliable car or have friends and family that are always free to drive them to polls on election day?

I'd suggest there's many times more such people in rural areas than there are those in urban areas who cannot obtain an official government ID card.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 am

Report: Bezos-hired sleuth suspects sexts stolen by “government entity”

One of the big unanswered questions in the story is how the National Enquirer obtained the photos. One obvious possibility is that someone hacked Bezos' phone—or possibly Sanchez's.

But in an interview on MSNBC, Washington Post reporter Manuel Roig-Franzia pointed to a different possibility. The Post is owned by Bezos, and while Roig-Franzia says he hasn't talked to Bezos directly, he has talked to Gavin De Becker, a legendary security consultant who is working for Bezos. "Gavin De Becker told us that he does not believe that Jeff Bezos' phone was hacked," Roig-Franzia said. "He thinks it's possible that a government entity might have gotten hold of his text messages."

This raises more questions than answers. The most obvious question is which government agency might have obtained the information. American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are able to obtain the contents of text messages, but they are supposed to do so only with judicial oversight. And it's hard to imagine why a court would sign off on this.

"Government entity" could also refer to a foreign government. In his Thursday post, Bezos alleged that Pecker had ties to the government of Saudi Arabia and is "sensitive" about having them revealed. The Russian government has a history of stealing private communications from antagonists of Donald Trump, including Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign chairman John Podesta. Either government might have reasons to want to embarrass Bezos.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... acy-texts/

Have I, for once, beaten Abdul in the conspiracy theory field? :P

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:46 am

If there must be a "deep state" I like the idea that The National Enquirer is part of it, and The Washington Post is not.

It's so counter-intuitive that it should be true. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:46 am
If there must be a "deep state" I like the idea that The National Enquirer is part of it, and The Washington Post is not.

It's so counter-intuitive that it should be true. :lmao:
I concur

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 am

"Government entity" could also refer to a foreign government. In his Thursday post, Bezos alleged that Pecker had ties to the government of Saudi Arabia and is "sensitive" about having them revealed.
That's an interesting idea, but the brother of his mistress sounds more likely to me.

The Saudis probably are not happy with the Washington Post right now, after the Kashoggi debacle. So they would have a motive. But the brother may have been able to gain access to her phone somehow if she was careless. If he saw what she does to unlock the screen, he could have accessed her phone when she wasn't paying attention. He is a Trump supporter.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 am

WildCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:29 pm
Surprise wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 am
Being able to say you are better than Latin America is not reasurring.
Why? Are they all shithole countries down there?

A lot of political instability there.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/whi ... erica.html

You are lying about what I stated.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 am

Thanks Obama!

--J.D.

P.S. I am having a hard time giving a shit about this other than the possibility a "newpaper" attempted to blackmail someone.

P.P.S. Yes, it is all about me.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Surprise wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 am

Are you saying in your opinion shithole countries must be politically stable?

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 am
Thanks Obama!

--J.D.

P.S. I am having a hard time giving a shit about this other than the possibility a "newpaper" attempted to blackmail someone.

P.P.S. Yes, it is all about me.
Yeah...Bezos make this argument:
Jeff Bezos wrote:Any personal embarrassment AMI could cause me takes a back seat because there’s a much more important matter involved here. If in my position I can’t stand up to this kind of extortion, how many people can? (On that point, numerous people have contacted our investigation team about their similar experiences with AMI, and how they needed to capitulate because, for example, their livelihoods were at stake.)
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Absentee ballots?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:53 pm

WildCat wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm
Surprise wrote:

Making up more lies doesn't make your argument work any better.

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 am

Surprise wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:07 pm
American Democracy is not very healthy.
Some indicators are -
Voter turnout
Voter suppression
Corruption
Hyper Partisan Politics
The low quality of candidates
Public distrust of the political system
Grammatron wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:54 pm
Sure if you're talking about Latin America
Surprise wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 am
Being able to say you are better than Latin America is not reasurring.
WildCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:29 pm
Why? Are they all shithole countries down there?
Surprise wrote:
WildCat wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm
Surprise wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:53 pm
Making up more lies doesn't make your argument work any better.
I've been trying to follow what you are saying, Surprise, but it would be more helpful if you answered the questions instead of falsely accusing someone of making up lies.

It should go without saying that asking a question (especially one intended to elicit clarification) is not the same as lying about what you said. It should also go without saying that asking for clarification is not the same as making an argument.

Let's try again: You said, "Being able to say you are better than Latin America is not reasurring." There are too many ways that could be interpreted, and so if I am to understand what you mean by that, it would be helpful if you explained in more detail. Thanks.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I am simply trying to understand the point you are trying to make.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 am

xouper wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 am
Let's try again: You said, "Being able to say you are better than Latin America is not reasurring." There are too many ways that could be interpreted, and so if I am to understand what you mean by that, it would be helpful if you explained in more detail. Thanks.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I am simply trying to understand the point you are trying to make.
Maybe Surprise is just saying that people in Latin America are inferior and can't be expected to be capable of forming a stable country with a strong economy.

Is that is Surprise?