Heathens' corner

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Heathens' corner

Post by Doctor X » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Satanic Temple files discrimination complaint vs. Boston City Council

A Salem-based satanist [Sic--Ed.] group that claims it was denied a chance to say the invocation at a City Council meeting has filed a complaint with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.

The City Council traditionally opens meetings with an invocation, typically a prayer by a clergy member. But when the Satanic Temple asked to deliver the invocation at any available date, it alleges, the council denied the request, saying that invocation speakers are scheduled by invitation, and council members can choose whomever they see fit.

“The idea of an invitation-only policy being non-discriminatory is nonsensical,” said Lucien Greaves, a temple spokesman. “It’s the very definition of discrimination.”

The commission and City Council President Andrea Campbell did not return calls Thursday.

Councilor-at-Large Annissa Essaibi George said through a spokeswoman that she never told temple members they weren’t allowed to give the invocation at a meeting.

“She just invites clergy based on a personal relationship she has with them or if they’re directly related to work that she does,” Greaves said. “She’s never specifically prevented someone from giving the invocation.”

The temple argues that while the practice of opening public meetings with prayers or invocations was deemed legal by the Supreme Court in 2014, the ruling made clear that municipalities are not free to engage in viewpoint discrimination in determining which religions may offer prayers or invocations, nor are they free to preference faith over non-belief.

Boston Sun
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 pm

And besides, whatever their various nominal affiliations, the Boston City Council are already minions of Satan even if not that particular denomination.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:46 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 am

Slightly
NSFW:

There is an ancient painting in a church in Venice where it's nearly as evident as this. :mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 pm

{guess which} government snubs move to scrap 'blasphemy' law
The Local
The Swiss government said this week it would not lend its support to plans to strike a 'blasphemy' clause from the country’s penal code despite similar moves in other countries in recent times.

The government’s statement came after Green Liberal MP Beat Flach said a clause in the penal code which makes blasphemy punished by a fine had no place in a ‘secular and liberal’ state and limited free speech.

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:37 am

South Africa funeral firm to sue pastor for 'resurrection stunt'

A group of funeral directors in South Africa say they will sue a self-styled prophet who claims to have resurrected a dead man.

A viral video of Pastor Alph Lukau shows him shouting "rise up" to a man lying down in a coffin who then jerks upright to cheers from worshippers.

The funeral companies say they were manipulated into being involved.

The spectacle, seen outside Pastor Lukau's church near Johannesburg, has been ridiculed and condemned by many.

"There are no such things as miracles," the Commission for the Promotion and Protection of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities (CRL Rights Commission) told South Africa's national broadcaster.

"They are made up to try to get money from the hopelessness of our people."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-47370398

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 pm

FBI raid produces tens of thousands of rare cultural artifacts in 91-year-old missionary's Indiana home
Chicago Tribune
By all accounts, the amateur museum that Donald C. Miller ran out of his home in the cornfields of central Indiana wasn't exactly a secret. Newspaper reporters, Boy Scout troops and residents of the rural farming community of Waldron were all invited to drop in and look around in his basement, where glass cases covered most of the walls.

But when the FBI's art crime detectives showed up and began sifting through Miller's extensive collection in April 2014, suspecting that many of the relics carefully laid out in the cabinets had been obtained illegally in violation of antiquities laws, they came across something that horrified them: roughly 2,000 human bones, nearly all of which are believed to have been taken from ancient Native American burial sites.

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:55 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:18 am

Richard Dawkins is Giving Away Free Translations of His Books in Islamic Nations

Richard Dawkins‘ The God Delusion is arguably the most popular atheist book of all time, selling about three million copies since its release over a decade ago. (I say “arguably” since, if we’re talking about books that led people away from religion, the Bible’s gotta be right up there.)

But one of the more surprising aspects of the book’s success is that an Arabic translation of the book has been downloaded (for free) many, many more times online — approximately 13 million times, by Dawkins’ count, though it’s not easy to track the files so take that number with a huge grain of salt. The point is that people who live in Muslim-majority nations are reading the book, and that’s no small thing.

Last year, the Center for Inquiry, which merged with the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science, announced plans to facilitate the spread of Dawkins’ books in nations where they may not be welcome by making several of them available for free to anyone who wanted them in their native tongue. That day is finally here.

The newly launched Translations Project offers four of Dawkins’ books, free to download, in a few different languages:
  • River Out of Eden (Urdu, Farsi, and Indonesian)
  • The God Delusion (Urdu and Indonesian)
  • The Blind Watchmaker (Farsi and Indonesian)
  • The Magic of Reality (Farsi)
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... c-nations/

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:47 am

Hmm.

Urdu, Farsi, and Indonesian. But not Arabic.

Urdu at least is widely spoken in Dawkins' own country.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:34 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:33 am

Supreme Court Denies Religious Building Preservation Funds Case

The U.S. Supreme Court let a ruling stand Monday from the New Jersey Supreme Court ruling that said Morris County, N.J., may not give taxpayer funds to help preserve religious buildings, such as synagogues, temples, churches and mosques.

The county has a program for giving preservation funds for all local buildings. But New Jersey law, as recently interpreted by the state Supreme Court, prohibits counties from awarding grants to preserve religious buildings.

Those representing the religious institutions argued the state Supreme Court ruling amounted to unconstitutional discrimination against religion. But the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear this particular case, though indicated it should take this kind of case and the facts seemed murky in this one.

Conservative justices Brett Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch and Samuel Alito dissented.
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/04/70006683 ... 1749358838

:twisted:

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm

"Conservative justices Brett Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch and Samuel Alito dissented. "

Let these peeps get out their checkbooks and pay for the roof repairs themselves goddamnit.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:38 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:13 am

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 pm

My first reaction was to laugh and point, but bottom line is they liked it.

Trump signs Bibles during Alabama disaster visit
The Hill
President Trump on Friday signed Bibles for people affected by a string of deadly storms that ripped through Alabama.

The president made the gesture while visiting a Baptist church in Opelika, Ala., that is serving as a disaster relief center.

Local volunteer Ada Ingram told reporters that Trump signed several hats and Bibles, including one for a 12-year-old boy, an action which drew applause from people who came to see Trump.

“I enjoyed him coming,” said Ingram, who said she voted for Trump and would again in 2020. “I think it’s a godsend. I’m sorry. The situation is bad. And there are going to be people who will say 'why did he come to my town?' I don’t know why. I don’t why the hurricane happened [either]. But there is a reason."

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:00 pm

Yea lady. It's called Chaos. Shit just happens. Twat.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 pm
FBI raid produces tens of thousands of rare cultural artifacts in 91-year-old missionary's Indiana home
Chicago Tribune
By all accounts, the amateur museum that Donald C. Miller ran out of his home in the cornfields of central Indiana wasn't exactly a secret. Newspaper reporters, Boy Scout troops and residents of the rural farming community of Waldron were all invited to drop in and look around in his basement, where glass cases covered most of the walls.

But when the FBI's art crime detectives showed up and began sifting through Miller's extensive collection in April 2014, suspecting that many of the relics carefully laid out in the cabinets had been obtained illegally in violation of antiquities laws, they came across something that horrified them: roughly 2,000 human bones, nearly all of which are believed to have been taken from ancient Native American burial sites.

Tipping avatar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 am

sparks

Post by sparks » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:36 am

Brilliant! :lmao: