He's still winning after all these years.

We are the Borg.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

He's still winning after all these years.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Always questioned, always still standing for "now".

Einstein's general relativity theory is questioned but still stands for now
Science Daily
More than 100 years after Albert Einstein published his iconic theory of general relativity, it is beginning to fray at the edges, said Andrea Ghez, UCLA professor of physics and astronomy. Now, in the most comprehensive test of general relativity near the monstrous black hole at the center of our galaxy, Ghez and her research team report July 25 in the journal Science that Einstein's theory of general relativity holds up. ...
I hope this doesn't get politicized.

You know, some hot new theory comes along, and you're a racist sexist homophobic science denier if you don't accept it.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: He's still winning after all these years.

Post by sparks » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Yep. Saw that.

As for the other garbage you just spewed, that's why we keep testing the predictions. Fag. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:37 pm

sparks wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:25 pm
Yep. Saw that.

As for the other garbage you just spewed, that's why we keep testing the predictions. Fag. :)
I see you are one of these ==> :godwin:

8)

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:40 pm

People see what they want to see rather than the evidences. You are no different. For that matter, neither am I. :)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:06 pm

How hypotheses are to be tested among those who are on the right side of history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who,_whom%3F

:cowbell:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 pm

"Einstein's right, at least for now," said Ghez, a co-lead author of the research. "We can absolutely rule out Newton's law of gravity. Our observations are consistent with Einstein's theory of general relativity. However, his theory is definitely showing vulnerability. It cannot fully explain gravity inside a black hole, and at some point we will need to move beyond Einstein's theory to a more comprehensive theory of gravity that explains what a black hole is."
That's an odd way of saying that he was proved right again. "Fraying at the edges"?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:58 pm

He was a White Man, and furthermore an inbred Hillbilly who married his cousin.

And a "playa", not unlike Feynman.

If old Al were around today, Peezus would be denouncing him and trying to get him fired.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Image Still winning. :)

Scientists detect the ringing of a newborn black hole for the first time
Science Daily
If Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity holds true, then a black hole, born from the cosmically quaking collisions of two massive black holes, should itself "ring" in the aftermath, producing gravitational waves much like a struck bell reverbates sound waves. Einstein predicted that the particular pitch and decay of these gravitational waves should be a direct signature of the newly formed black hole's mass and spin.

Now, physicists from MIT and elsewhere have "heard" the ringing of an infant black hole for the first time, and found that the pattern of this ringing does, in fact, predict the black hole's mass and spin -- more evidence that Einstein was right all along.

The findings, published today in Physical Review Letters, also favor the idea that black holes lack any sort of "hair" -- a metaphor referring to the idea that black holes, according to Einstein's theory, should exhibit just three observable properties: mass, spin, and electric charge. All other characteristics, which the physicist John Wheeler termed "hair," should be swallowed up by the black hole itself, and would therefore be unobservable.

gnome

Post by gnome » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:01 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 pm
"Einstein's right, at least for now," said Ghez, a co-lead author of the research. "We can absolutely rule out Newton's law of gravity. Our observations are consistent with Einstein's theory of general relativity. However, his theory is definitely showing vulnerability. It cannot fully explain gravity inside a black hole, and at some point we will need to move beyond Einstein's theory to a more comprehensive theory of gravity that explains what a black hole is."
That's an odd way of saying that he was proved right again. "Fraying at the edges"?
Look, it's perfectly clear what they're saying.

Einstein made the Theory of Relativity, 100 years later it was "fraying at the edges"... a few years after that it turns out he was still right, but maybe not really.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

sparks

Post by sparks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 am

Unless and until someone comes up with a better idea about how all this shit works...

Einstein is still correct despite AAs litigious libelous bullshit. :)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:02 pm

sparks wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 am
Unless and until someone comes up with a better idea about how all this shit works...
In short, still winning.

"Still winning" is libelous?

I should be so libeled. :p

gnome

Post by gnome » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:01 pm

If he's ever proven "wrong" it will be the same way that Newton was "wrong" -- which is to say they're right, but only as a case in a broader context, that just happens to be the case that we're most likely to experience and observe.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2