UFO Thread

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: UFO Thread

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:01 pm

robinson wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:18 am
No, but thanks for playing
Unidentified -- check
Flying -- check
Objects -- probably airplanes ergo check

QED
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:12 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm
Sure it was

<where is that head patting gif dammit!!!>
Plasmoids of orgone energy. For future reference:

ImageImage

ImageImage

robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Post by robinson » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:18 pm

A long time ago I built a cloud-buster
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

robinson

Post by robinson » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:19 pm

It was just a coincidence that after just a day of trying to make it rain a tornado (very rare) destroyed my dream machine, along with parts of the city.

But it did rain.
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

robinson

Post by robinson » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:20 pm

That was the end of orgone experiments for me

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 pm

You should have dissipated the plasmoids first. :p

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:59 pm

He did but he obviously used left-handed polarization which, as any fool knows, obviates the resonance of the klystron matrix.

He got what he deserved.
Spoiler:
n.b. I can toss this gibberish off effortlessly. I am getting scared.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

robinson

Post by robinson » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:30 pm

It is sort of startling

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:33 am

Scientist Behind The Navy's "UFO Patents" Has Now Filed One For A Compact Fusion Reactor

The War Zone has been reporting on a set of bizarre patents assigned to the U.S. Navy that describe radical new technologies that could absolutely revolutionize the aerospace field, and frankly, the very way we live our lives. These include high-energy electromagnetic fields used to create force fields and outlandish new methods of aerospace propulsion and vehicle design that basically read as UFO-like technology. You can learn all about these patents, their viability, and the issues surrounding them in these exclusive features of ours. Now, the same mysterious Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division engineer behind those patents has produced another patent—one for a compact fusion reactor that could pump out absolutely incredible amounts of power in a small space—maybe even in a craft.

This latest design is the brainchild of the elusive Salvatore Cezar Pais, the inventor of the Navy’s bizarre and controversial room temperature superconductors, high energy electromagnetic field generators, and sci-fi-sounding propulsion technologies that The War Zone has previously reported on. The patent for Pais’ “Plasma Compression Fusion Device” was applied for on March 22, 2018, and was just published on September 26, 2019. The claim states, in part:
"At present there are few envisioned fusion reactors/devices that come in a small, compact package (ranging from 0.3 to 2 meters in diameter) and typically they use different versions of plasma magnetic confinement. Three such devices are the Lockheed Martin (LM) Skunk Works Compact Fusion Reactor (LM-CFR) , the EMC2 Polywell fusion concept, and the Princeton Field-Reversed Configuration (PFRC) machine. [...] These devices feature short plasma confinement times, possible plasma instabilities with the scaling of size, and it is questionable whether they have the ability of achieving the break - even fusion condition, let alone a self-sustained plasma burn leading to ignition."
It is claimed in the patent application that this plasma compression fusion device is capable of producing power in the gigawatt (1 billion watts) to terawatt (1 trillion watts) range and above with input power only in the kilowatt (1,000 watts) to megawatt (1,000,000 watts) range.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... on-reactor

:BigGrin3:

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 am

One of the first things I learned after entering the working world was that patent science has absolutely nothing to do with real science. The whole point of the patent game is to prevent someone else from profiting off your idea, even if your idea is lunacy. And as far as the patent office is concerned, money from crazy people is just as good as money from sane people.
Such potential!

Fid

Post by Fid » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:28 am

...And as far as the patent office is concerned, money from crazy people is just as good as money from sane people.
Yeah, well tell that to Einstein he worked there and patented...something...right?
"Try SCE to AUX."
Yeah, me and an electrified atmosphere ain't friends.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 am

The job at the Federal Office for Intellectual Property – Einstein referred to it tongue-in-cheek as his "cobbler's trade" – turned out to be stroke of good fortune because it was excellently paid (CHF 3500 per year) and was undemanding for his nimble intelligence. He spoke of the Federal Office for Intellectual Property as "that worldly cloister where I hatched my most beautiful ideas".
https://www.ige.ch/en/about-us/the-hist ... ffice.html
Such potential!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Fid wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:28 am
Yeah, well tell that to Einstein he worked there and patented...something...right?
Einstein, with Szilard, patented a refrigerator.
Einstein used the experience he had gained during his years at the Swiss Patent Office to apply for valid patents for their inventions in several countries. The two were eventually granted 45 patents in their names for three different models.