Asthmatic Camel's Nerdy Modelling Thread.

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: Asthmatic Camel's Nerdy Modelling Thread.

Post by sparks »

You like 'em slutty, don'tcha AC? :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

BTW, since you and I are about the same age, what are your top ten tips for growing old and decrepit with style?

I'll start:

#1 Wear clothing completely unbecoming some one of my age.

#2 Lust unrequited after redheaded women young enough to be my granddaughters.

More to come. After I've had my nap.
Witness

Post by Witness »

sparks wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:42 pm #1 Wear clothing completely unbecoming some one of my age.
I don't see much style in old farts shuffling along in hoodies, "sports" sneakers and baseball caps (the young'ones are allowed the dumbth of their age) – so I hope it's not what you mean?

Anyway, obligate railroad ornament:

sparks

Post by sparks »

Damn. If only I was 20 something again!

Never liked hoodies and only do baseball caps if it's raining. But I tend to dress a lot younger than I am and I expect I'm being foolish in this. But what the hell, I'm not long for this world and why not be comfy?
Witness

Post by Witness »

sparks wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:50 am Damn. If only I was 20 something again!
But only with present-day knowledge – I'd hate to have to go through all the old moves again!

sparks wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:50 amwhy not be comfy?
Of course.

Something to pep you up:

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

sparks wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:42 pm BTW, since you and I are about the same age, what are your top ten tips for growing old and decrepit with style?

I'll start:

#1 Wear clothing completely unbecoming some one of my age.

#2 Lust unrequited after redheaded women young enough to be my granddaughters.

More to come. After I've had my nap.
My first suggestion is to follow the fine example set by my old school chum, Marc Murphy and grow a ridiculous beard, get several piercings and a goodly number of tattoos. And only ever wear knee-length pants, even if it's snowing and -20 :)

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
asthmatic camel

And you definitely need a fag-o-cycle. Something like this, perhaps...

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
sparks

Post by sparks »

I'm afraid all of those examples are a bit over the top for me. I do have a beard but it's well trimmed at all times. I do wear over the knee pants, but not these baggy circus-tent versions that people seem to love so well. And I do not have a fag-o-cycle.

Yet. :)
Witness

Post by Witness »

Only the subway, but nice vibe:

Witness

Post by Witness »

:HoppingMad: Keep your grubby unartistic fingers out of that, she's perfect. :HoppingMad2:
asthmatic camel

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:35 pm Nope. Creepy old hippie is not "in style".

Image Neither is this :BigGrin3:
Marc's an artist and could generously be described as "eccentric", so perhaps his hippiness can be forgiven. :)

asthmatic camel

sparks wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 pm I'm afraid all of those examples are a bit over the top for me. I do have a beard but it's well trimmed at all times. I do wear over the knee pants, but not these baggy circus-tent versions that people seem to love so well. And I do not have a fag-o-cycle.

Yet. :)
You could start with baby steps.

Get a chromatic harmonica and start wearing silly hats. :)

Witness

Post by Witness »

Back to important things.

DEVELOPED ROBOT ENGINE IN JAPAN – Aug/12/1936.
Mysterious robot engine has been developed in Japan by Jiro Aizawa. Shown above with model of engine. Complete details are not given but it is believed the engine will be driven by remote control and will have a special device to stop the engine should something happen to the rails.
Steampunk! 1936!
shuize

Post by shuize »

Witness wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 pm:HoppingMad: Keep your grubby unartistic fingers out of that, she's perfect. :HoppingMad2:

If she floats your boat, you should move to Japan. That “look” is a dime a dozen here.
Witness

Post by Witness »

shuize wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 am If she floats your boat, you should move to Japan. That “look” is a dime a dozen here.
Not really – I meant perfect in context, as an actor can fit a role without being attractive.

And my modest experience with Asian ladies is that most range from weird to bathsit crazy (on top of what passes for usual in the fairer sex).
Not that I mind very much, but I wouldn't cross the seas.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:44 pm She got on at the station I used in those days, and maybe a third of the trains were still that type. :p
This space for let
shuize

Post by shuize »

Witness wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:28 am And my modest experience with Asian ladies is that most range from weird to bathsit crazy (on top of what passes for usual in the fairer sex).

Yes, there's that. If I ever break up with my girlfriend, I might look outside Japan. I think I've started to lose perspective on how much is standard female crazy and how much is Asian female bonus crazy.
asthmatic camel

Witness wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:28 am
shuize wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 am If she floats your boat, you should move to Japan. That “look” is a dime a dozen here.
Not really – I meant perfect in context, as an actor can fit a role without being attractive.

And my modest experience with Asian ladies is that most range from weird to bathsit crazy (on top of what passes for usual in the fairer sex).
Not that I mind very much, but I wouldn't cross the seas.
In my youth, I had an Indian girlfriend, (a genuine NBL), to whom I was engaged to be married. She wasn't even slightly weird, let alone batshit crazy...

Until she developed full-blown schizophrenia.

Stark-staring, fucking bonkers, receiving messages from car registration plates type mad!
sparks

Post by sparks »

Shit happens.
ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 am
ed wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:34 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:44 pm She got on at the station I used in those days, and maybe a third of the trains were still that type. :p
Was there supposed to be some sort of commentary, or were you just saying "ditto"? :)
I was going to say 'luxury" then show a pic of the myrtle ave el train (wood, I may remind you and highly flammable)
Then I got distracted. Sorry.
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

asthmatic camel wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:55 am In my youth, I had an Indian girlfriend, (a genuine NBL), to whom I was engaged to be married. She wasn't even slightly weird, let alone batshit crazy...

Until she developed full-blown schizophrenia.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that, AC. :|

Make Your Own Traction Tires with Bullfrog Snot!
Bullfrog Snot is a polymer based compound that you spread on the drivers of some of your more slippery locomotives to make them pull the way they ought to. Extracted from the suffering sinuses of mature Mojave Macho male frogs in mating mode as fast as our rugged wranglers can round 'em up off their free range and herd 'em in....
https://tonystrains.com/

:BigGrin3:
asthmatic camel

I've seen that stuff Witness. Should have bought some instead of trying to replace the old traction tyres and then being unable to put my trains back together!
asthmatic camel

sparks, have you considered taking up pipe smoking? It adds a certain degree of gravitas to the appearance of gentlemen of a certain age...

ed

Post by ed »

asthmatic camel wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:29 am sparks, have you considered taking up pipe smoking? It adds a certain degree of gravitas to the appearance of gentlemen of a certain age...

O M G

:doglaugh:

:figamagee:
This space for let
ed

Post by ed »

Here, I have something else for you so you can age gracefully.

When you want to camp out and brave the elements this will allow you to sleep comfortably with little if any laughter directed at you.
Screen Shot 11-30-19 at 09.24 AM.JPG
It's really you.
Spoiler:
fag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

:Waaaah:

The video is cut here; original format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JimuYkTSPjY
sparks

Post by sparks »

Heart string puller indeed. ed won't understand as he's a result of parthenogenesis. :)
Witness

Post by Witness »

sparks wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:05 pm Heart string puller indeed. ed won't understand as he's a result of parthenogenesis. :)
I thought he just oozed somehow out of the primeval slime. :?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Just something for AC:

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:21 pm 1960:

1971: :cry:

I think that is Navy St. Next stop is Bridge/jay and the last one.
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

Anaxagoras wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:08 pm [Gingerbread tram]
I got diabetes just from looking at it. :cry:

More AC's style:

solely

Post by solely »

You only get her if you have a full size train.
sparks

Post by sparks »

She can work on my locomotive any time she likes.
ed

Post by ed »

Witness wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:33 am

:Waaaah:

The video is cut here; original format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JimuYkTSPjY
What is going on with this? Is the guy a nazi yardmaster sending jews to the camps? Don't get it. Looked like a nazi uniform though.
This space for let
Witness

Post by Witness »

sparks

Post by sparks »

Listy's 'ad 'er.
asthmatic camel

Ahem.

Meanwhile, back in The Attic of Doom™, work continues...

ed

Post by ed »

Run your low voltage now. Also run some 110 (or whatever the fuk you guys use). Just in case. Much better to have a spare outlet than none at all.
This space for let
ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

All UK mains electricity house wiring is nominally 230V. It's not like USA 220 V with two opposite phase 110V live wires - there is one 230V live and one neutral. Pretty deadly stuff but we have fancy plugs and sockets with a fuse inside each plug to compensate for the dangers of the higher voltage.

It's actually 240V because that was our standard in the UK. When we joined the EU, to be compliant with the European 220V system everybody renamed their systems to be "230V" with a tolerance. Nothing actually changed to either system but by the magic of politics the two systems became harmonized! We were allowed to keep our UK plugs, though the EU were rather grudging about it.