Christmas Dinner

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Christmas Dinner

Post by Pyrrho »

Oh yeah...then everybody crowded into the living room while Dad handed out the presents and the adults sucked down the espresso. Heh.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

How many people would be there? Kid/adults
About that stereo
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The last one, 14 adults, 13 kids.

I forgot the Italian sausage..... hot for the manly men, mild for the sissies. And the party trays with provolone, prosciutto, sausage, pickled artichokes, 3 different kinds of olives, real mozzarella...you get that from Gallucci's over on the boulevard, they got everything there. And pizza from Mazzone's.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
ed

Post by ed »

You of the wopish persuasion?

Damn sounds like holidays with my ex wife's family .... saaaaay
About that stereo
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Half...I am what you might call a mutt.
Witness

Post by Witness »

ed wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:46 am How do they fit those bearded guys into those little shells?
All saints have superpowers – as you should know. :bishop:
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

ed is not a saint.

He's an 'elder god'.

Elder gods ... make ... saints.

Very soon now, he'll see my point and make me a saint. OTOH, I might win the lottery too...

Oh, and fuck.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

French onion soup, scallops and then lamb steaks in cream, brandy and pepper sauce with roast potatoes, sprouts, roast parsnips, Yorkshire pudding, baby corn, braised red cabbage and apple, leeks in cheese sauce, pigs in blankets, honey and ginger glazed carrots and chestnut stuffing. Strawberry cheesecake for pud. :)

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
ed

Post by ed »

Sounds good.

lamb steaks in cream, brandy and pepper sauce particularly this lamb steaks in cream, brandy and pepper sauce

Best to you and your lady wife, AC.
About that stereo
Fid

Post by Fid »

asthmatic camel wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:02 pm French onion soup, scallops and then lamb steaks in cream, brandy and pepper sauce with roast potatoes, sprouts, roast parsnips, Yorkshire pudding, baby corn, braised red cabbage and apple, leeks in cheese sauce, pigs in blankets, honey and ginger glazed carrots and chestnut stuffing. Strawberry cheesecake for pud. :)

Dang, I thought you folks were starving what with the Brexit and the German U-boats. Anyway happy happy bud for your lovely wife and your sorry arse too.
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

ed

Post by ed »

Horrible dinner.
Virginia ham, sucked, my "glaze" was putrid and nondescript

"Scalloped potatoes" were slivers of starch in wallpaper paste. "There is no difference between good scalloped potatoes and bad scalloped potatoes", to paraphrase Wag the Dog

Crappy broccoli and cauliflower in "creme sauce" simply leveraged the wallpaper paste from the potatoes and added green and white embellishments. Bland and horrid and shitty

Sweet potatoes were out of a can and slavered with brown sugar and butter and pancake syrup. Should have been the worst, turned out to be the best and that tells you something.

Forgot there was pineapple. Hate it though.

Thing is we usually do the fillet in stilton with roasted pototes etc. This year we were pissed off at everybody and thought "fuck all if I'm spending $500 on this ungrateful lot".

Horrible horrible. No booze because of the "problem" that 2 of them have (the third one was a no show, no call, no nothin'. But hey, just spent $300k on fucking RISD so she can wait tables. Really :x :x ) Lack of booze is bad because everyone could stew and recognize how we are not terribly happy together in a sober state.

This is no exaggeration. My wife and I woke up muttering and exchanging angry glances (not at each other, just general piss offedness).

I wanted to run off to Isla Morada in the Keys for xmas. "Nooooooooooooooooo we have to be with family". Well, as Jesus said "we have our reward"

I will be irritated for a day or so. Watch out. No metric. :x :x :x No modulo :x :x :x

eta and AC keep your fucking food to yourself :x :x And your pleasantly surprised wife too. :x :x
About that stereo
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

As you know I am a non-celebrator, but I did have a nice dinner.

Heated up some succotash I previously prepared, thereby being a cultural appropriator from the American Indians.

Furthermore (authenticity is overrated) the way I make succotash is as follows:

Corn and lima beans of course.
Olive oil. Paprika. Dash of soy sauce.
Finely chopped and previously sauteed shallots, finely chopped and previously sauteed poblano peppers.
-- These are two ingredients I prepare about a pint at a time and keep on hand.

The meal also featured a mixed salad.

Pretty good for a non-celebrator on a weight loss diet. :coolspecs:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Sliced chicken breast smothered in mozzarella and marinara, baked in a baking dish slathered with olive oil, then served over the pasta of your choice, upon which one ladles an appropriate portion of additional marinara.
solely

Post by solely »

Steamed broccoli- no seasoning- none! no butter, oil- none!
Brown rice- no seasoning- none! no butter, oil- none!
Silken tofu- no seasoning- none! nothing!
No alcohol- NONE!
ed

Post by ed »

Vegan bastard
About that stereo
solely

Post by solely »

Dying carbon unit.
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

solely wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:32 pm Steamed broccoli- no seasoning- none! no butter, oil- none!
Brown rice- no seasoning- none! no butter, oil- none!
Silken tofu- no seasoning- none! nothing!
No alcohol- NONE!
Salt? :o

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

ed wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:45 pmVegan bastard
Which one of us are you talking to?