We are the Borg.
The Atheist

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:22 pm
Really. Do tell how.
Srsly?

You want to know how someone would notice 15 MILLION dead bodies?

Have you heard of a country called Iran? They need to dispose of less than 10,000 and that was pretty noticeable: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/21176968/ ... ial-trench
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Prince Charles has been diagnosed with COVID-19, mild symptoms at present.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 am
ed wrote:
Really. Do tell how.
Srsly?

Have you heard of a country called Iran? They need to dispose of less than 10,000 and that was pretty noticeable: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/21176968/ ... ial-trench
I'm talking cars not bodies. Are those figures independent of the chinese government? They come from "Tom-Tom Data". WTF is that? Are you saying that that data is not under the control of chinese authorities?

Given their lieing and obfuscation why would you trust anything coming out of there?

More to the point if people are getting back to work (which were are going to have to do eventually) and they have not been exposed to a significant extent, aren't they simply asking for a bit of ethnic cleansing? You sounded approving "Beijing is back to work" do you think that that is a good thing at this precise moment?

Just curious.
About that stereo

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

On the positive side, thinking about all this, probably not a lot of new wars are going to start at the moment
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Pyrrho wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 am
Moi: viewtopic.php?p=995168#p995168

Also: https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213171501
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

ed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 am
The Atheist wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 am
ed wrote:
Really. Do tell how.
Srsly?

I'm talking cars not bodies. Are those figures independent of the chinese government? They come from "Tom-Tom Data". WTF is that? Are you saying that that data is not under the control of chinese authorities?

Given their lieing and obfuscation why would you trust anything coming out of there?

More to the point if people are getting back to work (which were are going to have to do eventually) and they have not been exposed to a significant extent, aren't they simply asking for a bit of ethnic cleansing? You sounded approving "Beijing is back to work" do you think that that is a good thing at this precise moment?

Just curious.
Analysis: They cannot completely hide the effects of 15 million dead, but they can misrepresent what you are seeing without claiming to be "normal".

ed

Post by ed »

Depends. If you believe that there is something that they cannot do, then you will view the world thru that lens.

Religion can be for atheists too you know.

I recall getting into a heated debate, here I think, with someone who disagreed with me when I said a government could control everything you see over the net. He was into Serenity I think.

Could they do it? Of course they could, they control EVERYTHING.
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

No they can't because they are not omnipotent.

Inevitably some stuff will get past the censors.

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Pyrrho wrote:
I saw the best Covid joke yet on that subject:

Prince Charles has been confined to Balmoral with Covid-19.
Prince Andrew has been confined to Windsor with Caroline, 15.
ed wrote:
You sounded approving "Beijing is back to work" do you think that that is a good thing at this precise moment?

Just curious.
I'm only interested in the disease perspective. Politically, at least China keeps it victims local and hasn't been exporting its wars for half a century.
robinson wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm
On the positive side, thinking about all this, probably not a lot of new wars are going to start at the moment
Haha! I said that a couple of weeks back and wondered if it might even slow down the current wars. Going by the Boko Haram attack in Nigeria a couple of days ago, the answer to that is "not yet".
ed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:24 pm
Wow, there's another belief without evidence.

Aside from the fact that it's a load of crap - and even things like this forum prove the lie - you might not have heard of the Dark Web.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

ed

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 pm
Pyrrho wrote:
I saw the best Covid joke yet on that subject:

Prince Charles has been confined to Balmoral with Covid-19.
Prince Andrew has been confined to Windsor with Caroline, 15.
ed wrote:
You sounded approving "Beijing is back to work" do you think that that is a good thing at this precise moment?

Just curious.
I'm only interested in the disease perspective. Politically, at least China keeps it victims local and hasn't been exporting its wars for half a century.
robinson wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm
Haha! I said that a couple of weeks back and wondered if it might even slow down the current wars. Going by the Boko Haram attack in Nigeria a couple of days ago, the answer to that is "not yet".
ed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:24 pm
Wow, there's another belief without evidence.

Aside from the fact that it's a load of crap - and even things like this forum prove the lie - you might not have heard of the Dark Web.
ok. You are right. Getting information into and out of China is a snap, just use the Dark Web :lol:
About that stereo

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm
ok. You are right. Getting information into and out of China is a snap, just use the Dark Web :lol:
Ask yourself, did or did not the facts about a novel form of viral pneumonia get out of China when as few as 10 or so people had died of it, despite attempts to keep it under wraps?

The facts are plainly there to see, but you ignore them for your own convenience.

Ho hum...

ed

Post by ed »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:24 pm
No they can't because they are not omnipotent.

Inevitably some stuff will get past the censors.
Right and it will be a Robert Redford film. :roll:
About that stereo

ed

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm
ed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm
Ask yourself, did or did not the facts about a novel form of viral pneumonia get out of China when as few as 10 or so people had died of it, despite attempts to keep it under wraps?

The facts are plainly there to see, but you ignore them for your own convenience.

Ho hum...
Facts? What "facts" that there was a "disease"?

And when they started to understand what it was that they were dealing with, what happened then?

No point in arguing. I think that bureaucracies try to hide their activities and when they are essentially a law unto themselves that is what they do with no fear.
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

No not a Robert Redford film.

:roll: yourself!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Witness

Post by Witness »

Coronavirus: Mike Pompeo insists G7 use 'Wuhan Virus' - but world officials refuse

The G7 refused to call the coronavirus the 'Wuhan Virus' despite US insistence

Ministers of the G7 - the “Group of 7” intergovernmental economic group including the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan - haven’t been able to issue a joint statement because the US insists on calling the coronavirus the “Wuhan Virus.”

The group was scheduled to meet in Pittsburgh this week, but cancelled its summit due to the coronavirus pandemic. Rather than cancel outright, the organisation planned to hold a four hour video conference on Wednesday, but US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s insistence on calling the coronavirus the “Wuhan Virus” caused issues for the group.

Germany newspaper Der Spiegel reported the other members of the G7 wanted to use the term ‘Covid-19,’ which is the term the World Health Organisation uses.

Apparently discussion about the virus at-all has been an issue for the group. France suggested the organisation discuss the virus during its meeting, while Mr Pompeo refused. The State Department argued that heads of state had already discussed and dealt with the issue, so the organisation shouldn’t make a statement.

He eventually gave in to pressure from the other ministers and agreed to discuss the virus, but then insisted it be called the “Wuhan Virus.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/coro ... 26261.html

ed

Post by ed »

What is going on with the homeless populations in la and sf?
About that stereo

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

One optimistic prediction:

Coronavirus turning point in US will be earlier than predicted, Nobel laureate says
The US will see a turning point in the battle to contain coronavirus sooner than expected, according to the Nobel laureate who correctly predicted when China would get through the worst of its crisis.

Stanford University biology professor Michael Levitt, who won the 2013 Nobel Prize in chemistry, said his models don’t support predictions that the virus will wreak months or even years of social disruption or cause millions of deaths, the Los Angeles Times reported.

“What we need is to control the panic … we’re going to be fine,” assured Levitt, who correctly predicted early on that China would get through the worst of the outbreak by mid-February.

His optimistic report on China said the country would peak with around 80,000 cases and 3,250 deaths. He was not far off: China has reported 81,588 cases with 3,281 deaths as of March 24.

Now Levitt is looking at 78 countries that have reported more than 50 new infections each day.

He said he focuses on new cases — as opposed to overall totals — and sees “signs of recovery” in each of the places.

“Numbers are still noisy, but there are clear signs of slowed growth,” Levitt said, without offering a concrete date for when the US may see its turning point.

The US has confirmed more than 46,000 cases, resulting in at least 593 deaths as of Tuesday afternoon, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

Levitt acknowledged that not all cases have been detected in some countries, but their death tolls are on track with his findings, the outlet reported.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 pm
No point in arguing. I think that bureaucracies try to hide their activities and when they are essentially a law unto themselves that is what they do with no fear.
Mate, I largely agree with you, but stories get too big to escape in a world where everyone is connected to everyone else.

It's like the reason why 9/11conspiracies are such nonsense. Conspiracies don't stay secret for long.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Meanwhile, about those antibodies tests:

U.S. companies, labs rush to produce blood test for coronavirus immunity
Antibody tests won’t face the same bureaucratic hurdles diagnostic testing initially did. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration relaxed its rules last month, and body-fluid tests can proceed to market without full agency review and approval.

Several private companies have begun selling blood tests for COVID-19 antibodies outside the United States, including California-based Biomerica Inc (BMRA.O) and South Korean test maker Sugentech Inc (253840.KQ). Biomerica said its test sells for less than $10 and the company already has orders from Europe and the Middle East. Chembio Diagnostics Inc CMI.O of New York said it received a $4 million order from Brazil for its COVID-19 antibody test, and it plans a study of the test at several sites in the United States.

Such tests are relatively inexpensive and simple, usually using blood from a finger prick. Some can produce results in 10 to 15 minutes. That could make ramping up screening much easier than for diagnostic tests.

Many questions remain, including how long immunity lasts to this new virus, how accurate the tests are and how testing would roll out, according to researchers and infectious disease experts. For now, the number of people who have been able to fight off the virus is unknown.
Cheap tests (less than $10) with results in 15 minutes sounds good. OTOH, since "full agency review and approval" is skipped, one wonders how accurate they really are. :notsure:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Garbage collectors in Pittsburgh are not picking up the trash--demanding protection, claim they are at high risk every time they touch a garbage bag.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.