How much the world can change in one lifetime

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Re: How much the world can change in one lifetime

Post by robinson » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:08 am

My first digital camera used a floppy disk to save one image, which was low quality

And it was expensive

Now my iPhone takes super duper pictures, uploads them to the cloud and also takes HD video at insane frame rates

and the entire whiz bang device cost less than the camera
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Post by robinson » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:09 am

Plus I can call people with it
You never know what's going to happen, then some shit happens nobody saw coming, then later somebody says they knew it was coming, then some new shit happens nobody saw coming, rinse and repeat

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 pm

My first digital camera was a Mustek. It took single pictures with no zoom or video and ate alkaline batteries, I'd get about ten pics a pair. :)
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:42 pm

asthmatic camel wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 pm
My first digital camera was a Mustek. It took single pictures with no zoom or video and ate alkaline batteries, I'd get about ten pics a pair. :)
I remember buying a digital camera early on. Ugly thing it was. I don't think the memory was removable.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!