Egyptian Archaeology

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
Witness

Egyptian Archaeology

Post by Witness » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 am

As there are constantly new discoveries let's have a generic thread.
Untouched, 4,400-Year-Old Tomb Discovered in Egypt

The discovery of the colorfully decorated grave was described as “one of a kind in the last decades” by Mostafa Waziri, secretary-general of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities.

The 33 feet-long, 9.8 feet-wide tomb was unearthed in the pyramid complex of Saqqara south of the capital Cairo, and belonged to a priest named Wahtye, who served during the fifth dynasty reign of King Neferirkare (between 2500-2300 BC), the antiquities ministry said.

The site is decorated with scenes showing the royal priest alongside his mother, wife, and other members of his family, the ministry said in a statement. It also contains more than a dozen niches and 24 colorful statues of the cleric and members of his family.

Archaeologists also found hieroglyphs carved into the stone above the tomb’s door, which revealed Wahtye’s titles, which included “royal purification priest,” “royal supervisor,” and “inspector of the sacred boat.”

And it seems like there may be more to uncover. The archaeologists also found four unopened shafts at the site.
https://www.geek.com/news/untouched-440 ... t-1766232/ (more pics)

Inspector of the Sacred Boat, now that's a job for sparks! :mrgreen:

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Re: Egyptian Archaeology

Post by shemp » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:28 am

It's a right old dump! I wouldn't be caught dead in there!
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want