Good morning!

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Witness

Re: Good morning!

Post by Witness » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:14 pm

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:58 am

Well, stepdaughter is now on a bus to Orlando and won't be returning. She was already on one-month notice after the whole "bringing strangers into the house" thing, but this kind of accelerated the issue. Tough love phases are rough, but we need to protect the house. This was 100% avoidable, and we'd been warning her for weeks that she was making a series of bad decisions that break the deal we made for her to move in. Mr. Thug has not put in an appearance.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 am

It doesn't always turn out bad. Daughter of one of my friends went through a very difficult phase (drugs & bad boys), married a guy just out of jail, and now they are, last I heard, a happy couple with children managing luxury resorts for some network/hotels chain, resettling every four - five years in a new exotic & picturesque place. (Mom got invited.)
At the time I advocated a hard stance, and boy was I wrong (in hindsight, as it could have ended quite differently).

[Typo corrected.]
Last edited by Witness on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

shemp
Title: crazy as fuck

Post by shemp » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:29 am

gnome wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 pm
ed wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:07 pm
Call the cops, get a restraining order
Well, since she doesn't know his full name or where he's currently staying, that is problematic. Nor has he in fact made any threats, nothing actionable so far as I know.

We have taken appropriate steps to physically secure the house, and certainly will call the police if he shows up behaving aggressively. Despite the sensationalist headline, this is apparently a matter of $100. So far he's not bothered.
I'll kick in $20 if it'll help save your life. You won't get a cent out of ed or Lister.

Alternatively, you could pay him the hundred if he agrees to beat the crap out of her. Maybe she'll learn something from it, maybe not.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:09 am

In the most hypothetical of senses she could probably use it, but I couldn't trust anyone willing to deliver it.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Update--total no-show. Not that I'm complaining.

Stepdaughter is doing alright, staying with a not-scary ex-boyfriend in Orlando. For all I know they're getting back together.
At least to hear her tell it, she's taking some actual constructive steps instead of trying to scam up free money.
--Soldier, TF2