Pimp My Mailbox

This is our lounge area. Feel free to come in and get acquainted!
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Pimp My Mailbox

Post by Rob Lister »

So I'm replacing my 30+y/o mailbox. It was (still is, really) in pretty bad shape. It was pine that was mostly falling apart.

I already bought the box but I haven't yet put it up. Here's the pic of it sitting on my front porch.

I've yet to affix the house number. I'll have to get one of my sons to help so it could be a few weeks before it actually goes into use.

The top measures 15" x 11" and is fixed. The door on the front measures 13" x 5" and opens down. I hate that it opens from the front. I could change that with a bit of hammering and fastening, but that sounds like too much work.

Any-fucking-way ...

I feel the need to pimp it out a bit, technologically rather than artistically or cosmetically. This is due the constraints of the fascist homeowner's association to which I belong. I can s t r e t c h the rules a little, but not a lot.

So I went agoogling. I really couldn't find much in the way of techno hacks but there are some pretty cool deco pimps.

I like the third one best of all by far but the last one is actually doable.

Maybe some sort of removable glass frame on the top where there's a lot of real estate ... I could replace the recipe monthly or even put in a piece of art or yada.

When the HOA complains (and they will), I can simply remove it for a while and then do it again a month later. They'll get tired of complaining in a decade or so.

Anyway, help me pimp my box!

solely

Re: Pimp My Mailbox

Post by solely »

Care to guess which mailbox is ed's.

Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Re: Pimp My Mailbox

Post by Hotarubi »

solely wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:30 am
Care to guess which mailbox is ed's.
The one with the pie on.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2: